Meshery Adapter for Octarine
In order to connect to the Octarine Control Plane the adapter requires the follwing environment variables to be set:
OCTARINE_DOCKER_USERNAME: The docker username needed to pull Octarine’s images to the target cluster. Do not use your own docker credentials. Use the ones supplies by Octarine.
OCTARINE_DOCKER_EMAIL: The docker username needed to pull Octarine’s images to the target cluster.
OCTARINE_DOCKER_PASSWORD: The docker username needed to pull Octarine’s images to the target cluster.
OCTARINE_ACC_MGR_PASSWD: The password that will be assigned to the user ‘meshery’ in the new account.
OCTARINE_CREATOR_PASSWD: The password needed to create an account in Octarine.
OCTARINE_DELETER_PASSWD: The password needed to delete the account in Octarine.
OCTARINE_CP: The address of the Octarine Control Plane. Example: meshery-cp.octarinesec.com
OCTARINE_DOMAIN: The name that will be assigned to the target cluster in Octarine. Example: meshery:domain
- Policy-based validation that k8s workloads spec are secure.
- Visibility of layer 4-7 traffic between workloads, as well as ingress and egress.
- Encryption and authentication based on mTLS.
- Automation and enforcement of access control policy based on observed traffic.
- Threat detection based on signatures and anomalies.
Once the Octarine’s data plane services are deployed, the adapter can be used to deploy Bookinfo. The steps here are:
- Enable the target namespace for automatic sidecar injection.
- Deploy Bookinfo to the target namespace.