Meshery Adapter for Octarine
|Service Mesh||Adapter Status||Latest Supported Mesh Version|
The Meshery Adapter for Octarine can install v1.0 of the Octarine service mesh. A number of sample applications for Octarine can also be installed using Meshery.
- Policy-based validation that k8s workloads spec are secure.
- Visibility of layer 4-7 traffic between workloads, as well as ingress and egress.
- Encryption and authentication based on mTLS.
- Automation and enforcement of access control policy based on observed traffic.
- Threat detection based on signatures and anomalies.
In order to connect to the Octarine Control Plane, the adapter requires the following environment variables to be set:
- OCTARINE_DOCKER_USERNAME : The docker username needed to pull Octarine’s images to the target cluster, supplied by Octarine. Do not use your own docker credentials.
- OCTARINE_DOCKER_EMAIL : The docker email, supplied by Octarine.
- OCTARINE_DOCKER_PASSWORD : The docker password, supplied by Octarine.
- OCTARINE_ACC_MGR_PASSWD : The password that will be assigned to the user ‘meshery’ in the new account.
- OCTARINE_CREATOR_PASSWD : The password needed to create an account in Octarine.
- OCTARINE_DELETER_PASSWD : The password needed to delete the account in Octarine.
- OCTARINE_CP : The address of the Octarine Control Plane.
- OCTARINE_DOMAIN : The name that will be assigned to the target cluster in Octarine.
Once the Octarine’s data plane services are deployed, the adapter can be used to deploy Bookinfo:
- Enable the target namespace for automatic sidecar injection.
- Deploy Bookinfo to the target namespace.
- Examine Meshery’s architecture and how adapters fit in as a component.
- Learn more about Meshery Adapters.
The Meshery Adapter for Octarine includes the below sample application operation. Meshery can be use to deploy this sample application.
- Istio BookInfo
- This application is a polyglot composition of microservices are written in different languages and sample BookInfo application displays information about a book, similar to a single catalog entry of an online book store.